ECPR General Conference 2017, Universitetet i Oslo, Norway
We have a section, including 11 panels, at the General Conference.
Our section is S63: The Diversity of Democratic Innovations – Adapting Democratic Innovations to Different Challenges of Democracy. Section chairs are Staffan Himmelroos, Åbo Akademi University and Simon Beste, University of Lucerne.
- Can New Technologies Improve Democratic Innovations? Challenges and Risks of Digital Devices for Democracy (P036)
- Deliberative Behavior (P085)
- Democratic Innovations and Local Democracy (P087)
- Democratic Innovations at the Local Level (P088)
- Democratic Innovations from a Citizen Perspective (P089)
- Disagreement and Diversity in Deliberative democracy (P096)
- Liberal Democracy, Populism, and the Role of Democratic Innovations (P204)
- Locating Deliberative Democracy´s Normative Principles in Real-World Political Practice (P212)
- The Newer, the Better? Comparing Traditional and Innovative Participatory Formats (P405)
- The Place of Innovation (P409)
- The Promises and Pitfalls of Democratic Innovations (P420)
For more information about the panels please visit: https://ecpr.eu/Events/SectionDetails.aspx?SectionID=644&EventID=96
Timetable, academic programme and more information about the conference can be found at the ECPR website: https://ecpr.eu/Events/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=96