Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute of Political Science, Department of Social Sciences, at the Goethe-UniversitätFrankfurt am Main
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral fellowship, starting July 1st 2017, lasting 3 – 6 years. The fellowship is open to individuals of all nationalities. The post-holder will be part of the Research Unit on ‘Democratic Innovations’ headed by Professor Brigitte Geissel, chair of German and European politics. (See for more information: in German: http://www.fb03.unifrankfurt.de/42424030/bgeissel; in English: http://www.goethe-university-frankfurt.de/53879167/bgeissel).
The fellow should work on democratic innovations, broadly conceived. Applicants whose research is empirical and comparative are especially welcome. The closing date for applications is 17:00 CET on March 31, 2017.
More information can be found here: Job ad Postdoc University Frankfurt 2017
Study for a PhD at CSD
Funding is available to study for a PhD at the Centre for the Study of Democracy, University of Westminster. Applications must be received by 10 February 2017. For details of the funding and application process see:
|Apply for Quintin Hogg Trust PhD Studentships with CSD …|
7 PhD Positions, Leuphana University Lüneburg
The Center for the Study of Democracy at Leuphana University Lüneburg is offering 7 PhD positions in a graduate college “Democracy under Stress”. Environmental topics are explicitly welcome under the thematic area “participatory democracy”. Application deadline: 12.06.2016
Please see http://www.leuphana.de/en/research-centers/zdemo-english/doctoral-program-democracy-under-stress.html for further details.
More information can also be found here: PhD Program Democracy under Stress
Job vacancy at the Marc Bloch Centre for a full-time 36-month doctoral position as a research assistant on the CLAIMS ANR/DFG research project: Reference: D-0116
- Scientific research services: supporting event organizing, following contacts, assisting projects, articles and books drafting and editing, managing missions abroad, budget monitoring, supervising the stay of visiting professors, managing a Hypothese.org academic blog as well as Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Fieldwork research on the connection between participation and representation in participatory mechanisms including Paris’ participatory budgeting and a French participatory mechanism relying on selecting participants by lot (trip fees -mission/research secretarial services- will be covered).
Applications in French or German are open until June 1st. 2016.
More information Can be found here: D-0116_Call for Application
Democratic Innovations Visiting Fellowship, Goethe-University
- Fellowship for Junior Scholars
- No Funding Provided by the Research Unit (See e.g. the DAAD scholarship database for Funding)
- Duration of 4-6 Months
- Debating with Scholars of Democratic Innovations Research Unit
- Jour-Fixe discussions of Papers on Democratic Innovations
- Workspace at the Political Science Institute, Goethe-University
- Access to all Goethe-University Libraries
- Goethe-University Campus Westend with its park-like ambiance and beautiful travertine-faced buildings is one of Germany’s most attractive.
- Situated in Frankfurt, Germany’s most cosmopolitan and international city. Frankfurt is rated among the top 10 most livable cities in the world (according to Mercer Human Resource Consulting)
Spring 2017 Fellowship:
- Submission Deadline of Applications: 01.12.2016
- Fellowship Starting April 2017
Fall 2017 Fellowship:
- Submission Deadline of Applications: 01.02.2017
- Fellowship Starting October 2017
More information: http://www.fb03.uni-frankfurt.de/57661894/visitingfellowship
Doctoral positions, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Three fully paid, full-time doctoral positions for four years in political science and government. The positions are thematically defined. Successful candidates should conduct research within the areas of public opinion and political behavior. More concretely, we are interested in participatory democratic innovations and their effects. Potential candidates can receive more information from Kimmo Grönlund. Interested applicants should be willing to relocate to Finland for their doctoral period. The Social Science Research Institute is a dynamic team that works in close collaboration with the subjects political science (Åbo, Turku), public administration (Åbo, Turku) and political science with mass communication (Vasa). We are genuinely interested in applicants from abroad.
Details on how to apply: http://www.abo.fi/forskning/doctoralnetworkpobe
Application dead line is May 6.
Visiting Fellowships at Åbo Akademi University – the decision has been made
The Social Science Research Institute (www.samforsk.abo.fi) at Åbo Akademi University invites international scholars to apply for a Visiting Fellowship Program. Applicants should be engaged in cutting-edge empirical or theoretical work in the fields of public opinion, political behavior, electoral studies or democratic innovations, and hold an ongoing position at a university or research institution. The present call covers the academic year of 2016 – 2017 and is open to applicants at different stages of their academic career. The length of the visit should be between one and three months.
The institute specializes in research on public opinion, political behavior and electoral studies, as well as in experimental research on citizen deliberation. Its researchers are well connected in the international political science community. The Institute is located at both campuses of the University, in Åbo (Turku) and Vasa (Vaasa). The Social Science Research Institute will provide the Visiting Fellows with a work space and a monthly scholarship of 1,600 euro to cover expenses during the stay. Accepted Fellows should organize and pay for their own travel. Deadline is April 29, 2016.
Read more about Visiting Fellowships and how to apply here: Visiting fellowships.pdf
The accepted fellows are:
- Hilde Coffe, Victoria University of Wellington
- Holly Garnett, McGill University
- Johanna Söderström, University of Uppsala
- Åsa von Schoultz, Mid Sweden University
- Sergiu Ghergina, Frankfurt