7 July 2021
The organisers of the European Conference on Politics and Gender (ECPG) – the Academic Convenors of the Standing Group on Gender and Politics and the Local Organizers of the University of Ljubljana – have made the decision to postpone the ECPG for one year. The next ECPG will therefore take place in July 2022 at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
In the run up to the 2022 event, the ECPG organizers will host a one-day pre-conference virtual event on 7 July 2021. This virtual event will comprise several ‘teasers’ for the 2022 physical event, an interactive roundtable on publishing (in collaboration with the European Journal of Politics and Gender), and four speed mentoring sessions to foster exchange between junior and senior researchers in the field of politics and gender.
Join the virtual teaser event to:
- Connect with fellow scholars
- Share your insights and debate the topics presented
- Receive feedback on your current research or career questions (for junior scholars)
- Give feedback or career advice to junior scholars
- Get inspired for the next ECPG in 2022!
Call for mentors and mentees
The ongoing pandemic has limited the opportunities for junior researchers to receive feedback on their ongoing research activities, to ask for career advice or to network. The virtual event will therefore host four speed mentoring sessions where junior scholars can discuss any aspects of their career or research-related issues with a senior scholar.
We are therefore launching a call for both mentees and mentors.
- Mentees are junior researchers, either PhD students or early postdocs, in the field of gender and politics understood in a broad sense. The mentees should have a concrete question ready (how can your speed mentor help you?) and think about their introduction (what does your speed mentor needs to know about you?) in advance of the mentoring session.
- Mentors are senior researchers from the field of gender and politics understood in a broad sense. The activity does not require any preparation on their side, they just sit there and ‘speed’ mentor two young scholars during 30 minutes.
Interested scholars (both mentees and mentors) can submit their application for the mentoring sessions on the ECPR website dedicated to this event. Deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday 4 May.
The Academic Convenors will pair mentors and mentees by Tuesday 18 May.
The virtual event is open to anyone interested in research on gender, sexuality and intersectionality in politics, academia and other areas of public life.
Registration is required. You will need a MyECPR account to register. Registration opens on Tuesday 18 May 2021 and closes on Tuesday 15 June 2021. The event is FREE of charge. More information can be found on the general ECPR website.