Established 1994 Number of members: 378
Aims and objectives
The objectives of the LOGOPOL network are to:
- Contribute to the development of the comparative study of local politics and administration;
- Establish an international network of researchers in the field of local government and politics;
- Develop links between teachers and PhD students who work with the same kind of research questions;
- Develop specialised courses for PhD students who follow PhD programmes in the field of local government studies or whose research and thesis fall within that field;
- Organise the EUROLOC Summer School.
How to join the Standing Group
If you would like to join the Local Government and Politics Standing Group, you will need to create a myECPR account at http://www.ecpr.eu/. This only takes a few minutes, and you need not be from an ECPR member institution to do so. Then, click on the following link, and select ‘Join Standing Group’.
If you are from an ECPR member institution your membership to the SG is automatic. If you are from a non-member institution we will need to accept your application to join, so your membership status will be ‘pending’ until we accept you.