The call for self-nominations for the new Steering Committee opened on 13 February and will close on 12 March 2016.
According to the ECPR’s Constitution:
- ‘The Standing Group is governed by a Steering Committee consisting of three members elected by and from the Standing Group members for a period of three years, renewable.‘
- At least two members of the 3-person Steering Committee must be affiliated to an ECPR member institution. This means that those not affiliated to an ECPR member institution may also stand for election.
- Candidates must be members of the Group.
- Candidates nominate themselves.
- For the full text of the Constitution and the details of the electoral process, please go to http://ecpr.eu/standinggroups/standinggroupframework.aspx and scroll down to the Default Constitution (which has been adopted by our Group).
We are now opening the official call for nominations which will remain open for one month. At the end of this one-month period, if only three candidates have nominated themselves, two of whom come from ECPR member institutions, they will all be declared elected. Otherwise the Group will hold an election which will be conducted electronically and run by ECPR Central Services. All Group members will be able to take part.
If you would like to nominate yourself for election to the new Steering Committee, please send an e-mail to the current SG Convenor, Susannah Verney, at firstname.lastname@example.org