Welcome to the website for the ECPR Graduate Student Network.
The Graduate Student Network (GSN) is the student arm of the ECPR. Reflecting the international scope and professional objectives of the ECPR, the GSN’s key objective is to provide a platform to support and encourage students at the very first stages of their career.
The GSN is a relatively new activity of the ECPR and as such, members have the opportunity to shape its development and reach within the community.
Membership of the GSN is free of charge and open to any graduate student, PhD candidate or post-doctoral researcher enrolled at an ECPR member institution.* Membership opens up a framework for networking and joint initiatives and a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences through the website, social media (Facebook page and Twitter hashtag #ecpr_gsn) and both academic and social events organised for GSN members at ECPR events such as the General Conference etc.
GSN activities include:
- Panels at the ECPR General Conference (the largest annual political science conference in Europe) and the biennial ECPR Graduate Student Conference;
- Graduate development panels and social events at ECPR conferences and events;
- Advertisements for academic jobs across Europe and the rest of the world on the GSN website;
- Newsletters and blogs about GSN activities, conferences, summer schools, calls for papers etc;
- Networking and discussion opportunities through the GSN website and social media.
The GSN is part of the ECPR’s wider activities for graduate students, including:
- The ECPR Methods School, which includes the Winter- and Summer Schools in Methods and Techniques held annually in February and July/August respectively – ECPR members receive a discount on fees.
- Prizes for students and young scholars at ECPR member institutions/events:
- the Jean Blondel PhD Prize (awarded to an outstanding PhD thesis);
- the Hans Daalder Prize (awarded to the best paper presented at the Graduate Student Conference);
- the Cora Maas Award (for the best evaluated course at the ECPR Summer School in Methods & Techniques); and
- the Dirk Berg-Schlosser Award (given for the best participant poster at the ECPR Summer School in Methods & Techniques).
- Graduate Student Conference, held biennially – ECPR members receive a discount on fees.
* Please check here to see whether your institution is a member of the ECPR