The Doctoral Program Democracy Studies at the University of Zurich invites PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and advanced MA students for its 2-day workshop on democratic innovations. The workshop will bring together renowned academic experts and practitioners from the field of democratic innovations, with the intention to analyze how democratic innovations face opportunities and challenges not only in theory but also in practice; thus, seeking to foster a dialogue between academic research and practical knowledge.
Invited guests ares:
• Joan Font (IESA, Institute for Advanced Social Studies, Spain)
• Brigitte Geißel (Goethe-University Frankfurt) * To be confirmed
• Leonardo Avritzer (Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil)
• Fernando Pindado (Participation Commissioner from Barcelona)
• Operation Libero (Representative to be confirmed)
For applicants who wish to present a paper or otherwise take an active role in the workshop (discussant or moderator), the deadline is August 30, 2018. Listeners please also register by August 30, 2018. Applications and registrations should be sent to Martha Sandoval (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Yanina Welp (email@example.com). Paper proposals should consist of an abstract (max. 300 words). More information can be found in the attachment linked to the conference on the “Event” page.