Established 1986. Number of members: 550
The ECPR Standing Group on Gender and Politics has been in existence since 1986. This Standing Group currently has over 550 members from different parts of the world and forms a broad-based network on issues relating to the study of gender and sexuality in politics and world politics. The Group actively encourages workshops, panels and research groups with an emphasis on gender and seeks to increase the profile of women in the main fields of political science.
- A biennial European Conference on Politics and Gender. Our first conference was hold in Belfast in January 2009. More information about the conference can be found here (link to ECPR – ECPG section coming soon) ;
- Organizing the gender and politics section at the ECPR General Conference;
- Endorsement of ECPR Joint Session workshops organized by members of the Standing Group;
- Organizing ad-hoc workshops (e.g. ‘New Frontiers in Teaching Politics, Gender and Sexuality – 16 January 2020);.
- Mailing list: a vibrant information and disseminating opportunity about conferences, grants, jobs, and books;
- A ‘syllabus bank‘ of gender and politics courses taught worldwide;
- Other activities very soon.
- Petra Ahrens (Co-Chair) – Tampere University (Finland)
- Silvia Erzeel (Co-Chair) – Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- Anna van der Vleuten – Radboud University Nijmegen (The Netherlands)
- Rossella Ciccia – Queen’s University Belfast (Northern Ireland)
- Conny Roggeband – University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- Robin Devroe – Ghent University (Belgium)
- Rosa Roig – University of Valencia (Spain)
- Please, click here.
Briefly, Jonny Lovenduski explains the history of the SG on Gender and Politics. Excerpt from the book The ECPR’s First Forty Years 1970-2010 (Newton and Boncourt, 2010: 32).
excerpt from the book THE