BUSINESS MEETING- ECPR STANDING GROUP ON MIGRATION AND ETHNICITY
ECPR General Conference, Hamburg, 24th of August 2018
Chairs: Daniela Vintila and Filippo Dionigi
- Welcome- Daniela Vintila and Filippo Dionigi
- Agenda approval
- SG Migration and Ethnicity has 275 members (75 new members since ECPR Oslo)
- Recent SG activities
- Website: http://standinggroups.ecpr.eu/ie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ECPR_Migration (466 followers since April 2017)
- Newsletter: 2 SG newsletters published since ECPR Oslo (October 2017 & June 2018). All members are welcome to contribute. Announcements should include: CfPs, new publications, vacancies, and other information related to the activity of the SG. Please provide all links and relevant deadlines for your submission in your message
- SG Section at 2018 ECPR GC Hamburg: S28 “Evaluating Policies of Immigrant Integration and Their Outcomes: A Critical Assessment from a Multilevel Perspective”. Section coordinated by Daniela and Filippo. 8 full panels.
- SG dinner at ECPR Hamburg: around 30 participants
- Endorsement 2019 Joint Sessions Mons: Workshop “Migrants’ Access to Welfare in Times of Crisis: Policy Transformations and Migrants’ Experiences in the EU” coordinated by Jean-Michel Lafleur & Eloisa del Pino: https://ecpr.eu/Events/PanelDetails.aspx?PanelID=7662&EventID=121 Deadline for paper proposals- 03/12/2018
- Future SG activities
- 2019 ECPR General Conference
- When: 4-7 September 2019
- Where: Wroklaw, Poland
- Two-stage selection process: 1) Call for Sections: 17 September – 19 November 2018 (3-8 panels on a specific topic); 2) Call for full Panels & individual Papers: 5 December 2018 – 18 February 2019. All panel proposals must include 3-5 papers.
- Aim to encourage joint activities with other groups:
- IMISCOE Group on Migration, Citizenship, and Political Participation (MIGCITPOL)- Directors: Daniela Vintila, Ana Margheritis, Luicy Pedroza- https://www.imiscoe.org/research/standing-committees/154-migration-citizenship-and-political-participation
- IPSA RC46 on Migration and Citizenship- Chair: Yasmeen Abu-Laban- http://rc46.ipsa.org/. If you wish to be added to the mailing list and join the activities of RC46 please email the RC46 Chair, Dr. Yasmeen Abu-Laban at email@example.com with the subject line “RC46”.
- ECPR meeting of the Standing Group Convenors
- Political Research Exchange (PRX): https://ecpr.eu/ContentPage.aspx?ID=559 Editors: Alexandra Segerberg & Simona Guerra; Gold Open Access; it welcomes theoretical, methodological & empirical contributions from all fields, including comparative politics, IR, political communication, political sociology, political thought, public administration, and interdisciplinary work with a predominantly political dimension
- Renewal SG membership: every 2 years (next renewal end of 2018)
- SG membership fees: no compulsory fees, although some SGs accept voluntary donations
- Announcements & feedback
- The SG convenors will explore the possibility of organising joint activities with other similar groups.
- Discussion regarding a SG award for the best paper, publication, etc.
- Discussion regarding the syllabus bank of the APSA Section on Migration and Citizenship: https://connect.apsanet.org/s43/syllabus-bank/