Our ECPR Standing Group is now accepting panel proposals for a Section on Migration and Ethnicity at the 2021 ECPR General Conference (31 August- 3 September 2021, University of Innsbruck).
We are particularly interested in panel proposals focusing on:
- Immigrant/diaspora policies through which receiving/sending states react to increasing mobility
- dynamics of labour market incorporation of migrant populations
- the link between migration and welfare
- the political aspect of immigrant integration: citizenship acquisition, political participation, social movements, and political representation
- border politics and multilevel governance in migration policy-making
- public attitudes towards migrants’ integration and rights,
- politicisation of migration and parties’ responsiveness to societal diversity
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on migrant populations and local/regional/national/supranational initiatives adopted in this regard
- top-down and/or bottom-up initiatives concerning asylum seekers, refugees and forced displacement migration
- religious identity, narratives of belonging and migration and cultural practices
- intra-EU mobility or comparative migration policy analyses across different world regions
Panel proposals should include the name of the panel chairs/co-chairs, the panel title and short abstract of maximum 250 words. A more detailed panel submission will follow at a later stage, upon acceptance of the Section proposal.
We can accept maximum 8 panels for the Section of our Standing Group Migration and Ethnicity. Please submit your panel proposals via email to Daniela Vintila (Daniela.Vintila@uliege.be) by 15 of November 2020.