Welcome to the first newsletter of the Immigration and Ethnicity Standing Group of the European Consortium for Political Research.
All members are welcome to contribute to this newsletter with their announcements including: CfPs, new publications, vacancies, and other information related to the activity of the SG.
To contribute submit your proposals via this form.
Remember to provide all links and relevant deadlines for your submission in your message. Please consider that we will only advertise publications released in the year 2017.
- Call for papers
- 2nd EUMedEA Crash Course “Managing Crises at EU Med Borders” -Catania, 25 June-1 July 2017,
- International Summer School “Advocacy and Migration Policies”, July 24-28 2017, Bucharest, http://www.summerschool.cdcdi.ro/node/1
- Workshop “Junior Economist Workshop on Migration Research”, June 16-17 2017, Munich,
- Dutch Association for Migration Research (DAMR)/Institute for Migration Studies (IMES) Fall Meeting 2017 “Challenging Categorization in Migration Policy and Research”, 27 October 2017, University of Amsterdam, http://www.damr.eu/index.php/meetings/19-call-for-papers-fall-meeting-2017
- Workshop “EU Migration, Diasporas, and Integration” within the IMISCOE 14th Annual Conference ‘Migration, Diversity and the City’ in Rotterdam, June 28-30, 2017. Workshop of the EU Migrants Network to participate and/ or publication, e-mail an abstract of approx. 300 words (including key words) to email@example.com by 19th April 2017.
- Italian Political Science Association (SISP) Annual Conference, Panel on “Anti-immigrant parties in a comparative perspective”, 14-16 September 2017, Orbino, http://extremism-and-democracy.com/call-for-papers-anti-%C2%ADimmigration-parties-in-a-comparative-perspective/
- New Members’ Publications
- Behtoui, A., Boréus, K., Neergaard, A., Yazdanpanah, S. (2016). Speaking up, leaving or keeping silent: Racialized employees in the Swedish elderly care sector. Work, Employment and Society Epub ahead of print
- Bonjour, S. A., Ripoll Servent, A., & Thielemann, E. (2017). “Beyond venue shopping and liberal constraint: a new research agenda for EU migration policies and politics.” Journal of European Public Policy, 1-13. DOI: 10.1080/13501763.2016.1268640
- Bonjour, S. (2016). “Speaking of Rights: The Influence of Law and Courts on the Making of Family Migration Policies in Germany.” Law & Policy, 38(4), 328-348. DOI: 10.1111/lapo.12061
- Bonjour, S., & Block, L. (2016). “Ethnicizing citizenship, questioning membership. Explaining the decreasing family migration rights of citizens in Europe.” Citizenship Studies, 20(6-7), 779-794. DOI: 10.1080/13621025.2016.1191429
- Chambers, S. D. Evans, A. M. Messina and A. Fisher Williamson (eds) “The Politics of New Immigrant Destinations” Temple Publications, (promo code T20P). http://www.temple.edu/tempress/titles/2444_reg.html
- Dionigi, F. “Statehood and Refugees: Patterns of Integration and Segregation of Refugee Populations in Lebanon from a Comparative Perspective” in Middle East Law and Governance, 9(2). https://doi.org/10.1163/18763375-00902001
- Guia, Aitana. “The Concept of Nativism and Anti-Immigrant Sentiments in Europe”. EUI Working Paper MWP 2016/20. Working Paper, European University Institute, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Max Weber Postdoctoral Program, September 2016.
- Lafleur Jean-Michel and Mikolaj Stanek (Eds) “South-North migration of EU citizens in times of crisis”, IMISCOE Research Series, http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319397610
- Morales, Laura, Jean-Benoit Pilet, and Didier Ruedin. 2015. ‘The Gap between Public Preferences and Policies on Immigration: A Comparative Examination of the Effect of Politicisation on Policy Congruence’. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 41 (9): 1495–1516. doi:10.1080/1369183X.2015.1021598
- Pecoraro, Marco, and Didier Ruedin. 2016. ‘A Foreigner Who Does Not Steal My Job: The Role of Unemployment Risk and Values in Attitudes toward Equal Opportunities’. International Migration Review 50 (3):628–66. doi:10.1111/imre.12162.
- Ruedin, Didier. 2015. ‘Increasing Validity by Recombining Existing Indices: MIPEX as a Measure of Citizenship Models’. Social Science Quarterly 96 (2): 629–38. doi:10.1111/ssqu.12162.
- Ruedin, Didier, Camilla Alberti, and Gianni D’Amato. 2015. ‘Immigration and Integration Policy in Switzerland, 1848 to 2014’. Swiss Political Science Review 21 (1): 5–22. doi:10.1111/spsr.12144.
- Van der Brug, Wouter, Gianni D’Amato, Joost Berkhout, and Didier Ruedin, eds. 2015. The Politicisation of Migration. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Zschirnt, Eva, and Didier Ruedin. 2016. ‘Ethnic Discrimination in Hiring Decisions: A Meta-Analysis of Correspondence Tests 1990–2015’. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 42 (7): 1115–34. doi:10.1080/1369183X.2015.1133279.
- PhD call on Europe’s Migration and Migrant Integration Policies in Uncertain Times (4 years) Center for the Study of Democracy at Leuphana University in Lueneburg/Germany seven doctoral scholarships will be awarded by October 1, 2017 funded by the Ministry for Science and Culture of Lower Saxony as part of our doctoral program ‘Democracy under Stress?’. Applications in the field of migration/ diversity etc. that relate to the overall theme of the program are very welcome. Deadline April 30, 2017.
- At the Center for the Study of Democracy at Leuphana University in Lueneburg/Germany, seven doctoral scholarships will be awarded by October 1, 2017 funded by the Ministry for Science and Culture of Lower Saxony as part of our doctoral program ‘Democracy under Stress?’. Applications in the field of migration/ diversity etc. that relate to the overall theme of the program are very welcome. Please visit our website for more details. Deadline is April 30, 2017.
- University of Oxford, School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography: Part-time researcher in migration, http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AYG996/part-time-researcher-in-migration/
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, International Institute of Social Studies: Assistant Professor in Development and Migration, http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AYH982/assistant-professor-in-development-and-migration/
- The Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility: Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Migration and Mobility Studies, https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/14176
- University of Oxford, Department of International Development: Departmental Lecturer in Forced Migration, http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AYK499/departmental-lecturer-in-forced-migration/
- Become a Member of the SG
The Immigration and Ethnicity Standard Group is expanding its membership and activities. Find out more about the SG and join us Here:
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ECPR_Migration
With best wishes,
The ECPR Immigration and Ethnicity Standing Group convenors
- Filippo Dionigi (The London School of Economics & Political Science)
- Daniela Vintila (Université de Liège)
- David Siroky (Arizona State University)