Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Standing Group on Interest Groups (Prag 2016)
University of Prague Room FA215 (Faculty of Arts)
Friday 9 September
A list of members in attendance will be supplied on request (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Patrick Bernhagen opened the meeting at 13:00h and the agenda was agreed upon
1) Report on activities since the last GM (Patrick Bernhagen)
- We currently have 146 members
- We had an election of a new Steering Committee, April 23rd 2016. The new convenors are: P. Bernhagen; Secretary: I. De Bruycker; Treasurer: C. Braun
- We ask members to subscribe to our mailing list: ecpr‐interest‐email@example.com‐stuttgart.de
- We have a Facebook group with more than 200 members!
2) Finance (Caelesta Braun)
- Summer schools are our main source of income
- Summer school budget is roughly break‐even or with a small surplus
- Surplus will be used to support selected activities or as backup for subsequent summer schools
3) Summer school (Caelesta Braun)
- The 7th edition of the summer school in Copenhagen (2016) was a big success Convenors: Anne Rasmussen (local host) & Arndt Wonka
- The 8th edition of the summer school will be held in Bremen (2017) Conveners: Anne Rasmussen & Arndt Wonka (local host)
- We are looking for new conveners to host the summer school in 2018 and 2019. Preferably in an east European country.
4) Future activities (Iskander de Bruycker)
- Iskander announces the ACCESS Europe Influence symposium in Amsterdam
- We ask members of the standing group to contact us if they want to propose a workshop for the joint sessions. The standing group can endorse one proposal for a joint session workshop. The conveners decide which workshops are supported.
5) Interest Groups & Advocacy (Jan Beyers)
- Jan Beyers announces that there are plans to make IGA the official journal of the standing group. This will have little to no consequences.
- There might be a reduction for members of the standing group for the journal, but this is not concrete yet.
The meeting closed at 14:00h